Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Let's Scrap: Splash

Let's Scrap has another great sketch this week! It's not often that I'm scrapping such recent photos, but I knew the sketch would look great with these photos and papers! I'm digging deep again, these are from the 2012 Pebbles Mermaid collection.

My girls experienced their first hotel stay earlier this year. They truly enjoyed the restaurant eating for every meal and they really, really loved having a pool down the hall. We arrived at the hotel around 9pm after a five hour drive and their first question was if they could go swimming. I figured it would do them good to get some activity in after the long ride, even though it was already an hour past bed time. That was the first of many swims over the next two days! We even got to see my bff and her two boys, for lunch and, of course - a swim!


My husband thought there should be some "water" on the layout - he said, "you know that shiny stuff?" So I added a few drops of glossy accents to the title.


Does anyone see anything wrong with the picture below? I wanted the chevrons to line up perfectly, so I didn't cut it yet. I do this sometimes, although I think those little pieces may cause me grief.


The reason we were staying at the hotel is a sad one and the story is in my hidden journal card, along with a photo of someone special.


Here is the sketch! Play along, it's a great one!


6 comments:

  1. So much crafty goodness in this layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and fun take on the sketch! LOVE your chevrons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout!!! love these papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry your trip was for a sad reason but it is a beautiful layout of your pool time at the hotel. I like that you did the little journal book with picture, Love the chevrons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nonetheless this is such a happy page! Love that little journaling behind the cute mermaid!
    Great work Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun colours here...and the chevron detail is fantastic! love hidden journalling too, for good and bad reflections...just to keep it personal...well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy