Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lasting Memories #200: Buttons and a HOP!!!



Hello and thanks for stopping by! We're hopping with celebration and excitement this week :) Yes, we're having a blog hop in celebration of our 200th post Lasting Memories! Our challenge? BUTTONS! We are looking for buttons, buttons everywhere on those layouts this week! Along the way, you'll see that some of us are offering a little candy on our blogs but you have to visit us to see who! We've also gotten a little creative with our buttons so we hope you'll be inspired! You should have arrived here from Elizabeth's blog and if this is your first stop, please be sure to hop back to Lasting Memories to start the hop so you don't miss a thing! Each of us has a letter for you to collect that will spell out a scrapbook themed word, so don't forget to jot down my letter which you'll see below. Once you've completed the hop, leave your answer in the comment section back at Lasting Memories. Comments will be moderated so there's no peeking! Then you have to enter your LO and guess what?! Our grand prize winner will receive a $25 gift certificate from A2Z Scrapbooking Store!! Awesome right?? Oh!! And one MORE thing! I'm also offering up some candy* to one of my followers who comments on this post!


Here is how I used my buttons!  I stuck them all down to a line of double sided tape - have to love that stuff! I sewed a few of them, just for variety. Thanks to my bff for picking me up the pack of brown and pink buttons, she knows its a fav colour combo of mine!











I added my title using my most favourite scrappy tool, my Cameo!


Buttons on top of buttons? I say, "why not?"


Now, lets talk PRIZES! We have a Grand Prize AND some prizes along the hop from the design team. Those you'll have to find on your own and be sure to read the post to see what you need to do in order for a chance to win! Our grand prize winner will receive a $25 gift certificate from A2Z Scrapbooking Store!! 
(this is completely separate from our monthly challenge prize pack!!)
Are you a fan of our FB page yet?? If not, head on over and "Like" us for another chance to win! SO MANY chances to win cool prizes!!

Oh yeah, one more thing! Along the way, you'll see that we each have a letter at the bottom of our post. Collect all the letters and unscramble them. You will be spelling 2 words and there is also one symbol .. come on, we couldn't make it too easy!! Head back to Lasting Memories and leave your answer in the comments, which will be moderated, so no peeking!!
Be sure to visit everyone, leave comments and play along for your chance to win candy and the grand Prize!! 
Only those who play the game and enter the actual challenge have a chance at winning the Grand Prize. 

***BOTH traditional AND digital layouts allowed!! Remember, LAYOUTS only please!***
Are you ready???? Don't forget! Letters, comments, candy and more! HAPPY HOPPING!!!

Hop List
Lasting Memories

PS. My letter is M! Now hop on over to Jackie's blog and check out her buttons!

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you find time to create with us this week!
*rak limited to anyone in North America due to shipping costs, thank you for understanding.

Other inspiration for this layout:
Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge: Sketch

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet page! I love the colours and the sepia photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo and with the buttons its perfect;.

    I'm a new follower on bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy, I love pink and brown as well! Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Darcy - great take on our sketch challenge over at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge! Love how you made one photo stand out with colour, and loving your titling work! Hope to see you play along with AFSC again soon! Would you mind putting a link back to our blog with the title of it so others can play along? Thanks! Love to meet new friends - including you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's right on the bottom of my post. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you hopped with us, I always love seeing your work. This is such a great layout, so well balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and I just love that border of buttons, I can see me using that tip on future layouts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Darcy, I always love seeing what your next creation will be :) Love the pink & brown combo, with the gorgeous sepia photographs. Did you crochet the hats??

    Of course the buttons too... I love buttons as a border and the button-layering is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the brown and pink combo! so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darcy Love your use of buttons as a border. You are right why not stack buttons. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darcy, I love pink and brown together! So cute! And the buttons are fabulous on this LO. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! I love what you did with the photos and your colour combo is one of my fav's! Love the way you showcased the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors that you used are awesome. love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you have used the buttons for the sketch, looks great. Thank you for joining in at AFSC. Love your layout
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love this layout and the photos are adorable.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy