Friday, May 9, 2014

Sketch N Scrap 2nd Birthday Bash! **Circles**

Welcome to my day of this fantastic 2nd birthday bash for Sketch N Scrap!

I have always loved circles on my layouts, especially stitched circles!  So circles were an easy pick for my challenge.  I'm challenging you to embrace my love of circles on your layout or card!

I didn't intend to use birthday photos, but these pics of my youngest turning 3 were perfect for the sketch I found in the Sketch N Scrap archives.


The sketch:

I have a small rak for anyone who plays along with my challenge and is a follower of Sketch N Scrap and mine! Just let me know in the comments below and I will pick a random winner at the end of the bash! (June 1)


The flowers are made by me!  I learned to crochet at Christmas and I have been obsessed ever since! I used one of my flowers on my layout too, with a brad stuck in the centre.

I hope you find time to play along with any (or all!) of the fantastic challenges over at Sketch N Scrap's 2nd birthday bash!

You can link up the circle challenge here until May 31st at 11pm EST.

I hope you play!


23 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! I have used this sketch 3 times already, it's one of my go to sketches for multiple photo pics! How cool that you made your own flowers, I need to learn to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that you used an old SNS sketch with your challenge and those stitched circles are so neat and tidy! Cute photo's and what a delightful smile on your daughters face. I might have to stitch some circles on a page very soon too and play along although I have some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! I love to use circles on my pages, too. I love that you made those flowers - I wish I knew how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout and sketch. Another wonderful project. Love your crochet flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this challenge and the sketch. Those flowers are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love your flowers! I need to get my sis in law to teach me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh cool sketch! Love the layout, thanks for hosting the challenge. Will be workig on this tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your take on the sketch Darcy!! The stitched circles are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did a page on my daughter too, Darcy and used the same sketch. thanks.
    I hope you like it....it does have lots and lots of circles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful Lo Darcy. Adorable pics and bellies. Fantastic challenge. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the inspiration -
    I tried something new!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are beautiful so much talent! I love your sketch and circle challenge, I hope to be able to participate too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your page, and your fun challenge, thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO AWESOME!!! Great page and pics!!! TFS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is awesome.. would you share your pattern for the flowers... I would love to make some for my new grand-daughters scrapbook pages..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, all I do is search for granny square motifs on Pinterest and make the centers. There are thousands of patterns there!

      Delete
  16. Such a fantastic way to make circles and I am still in awe of your crocheted flowers. I saved the links from the first time you posted and hope to one day get a chance to make my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a new follower of your blog and Sketch-N-Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love putting circles on my layouts. Here is my link -http://donnabroussard.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always love your stitched circles Darcy - fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy