Monday, May 19, 2014

Liebster award!


I have been nominated by Lynn at Small Town Scrapbooker  and by Stephanie from Bits & Pieces (& Scraps) to participate in the Liebster Award!  Thank you ladies! How neat is this?

The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less that 200 followers.  It is a way to bring attention to these blogs and build the blogging community.  The meaning of Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

It's easy!  Here are the rules:
  • Thanks the blogger who nominated you and answer the 10 questions he/she asks of you.
  • List 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 10 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award and link to them in my post.
  • Ask these 10 bloggers 10 questions of your own.
  • Let the nominated bloggers know they have been nominated..
My 11 random facts:
  1. I am syndactyly.  Mine are the same as Ashton Kutcher's.
  2. I volunteer with the executive of the skate club my girls are a part of.
  3. I don't speak the language that my children are educated in.
  4. I love The Walking Dead.
  5. My husband and I are huge fans of the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and record it every night and watch it together.
  6. I would be happy to listen to Jason Statham read the phone book.
  7. My first job was telephone soliciting.  Sorry!
  8. I hate cooking.
  9. My favourite drink is diet coke.
  10. I love M&Ms but just the plain ones.
  11. I love the Biggs and Barr podcasts since I can't listen to their morning show.

As I was nominated by two fabulous ladies, I am picking 10 questions to answer from the 20 I was asked.  There will be some from Lynn and some from Stephanie. (I answered one extra, just for fun!)


1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?  I would love to be able to blink and appear somewhere else. I could spend time with my BFF if this could happen!
2. Morning person or night owl?  Night owl!
3. What is under your bed? Nothing! We have a roomba and it fits under the bed so not even dust bunnies!
4. What do you scrap most? My kids.
5. How long have you been blogging? My first post was Wednesday, February 10, 2010.
6. What is your favourite season? Fall.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight? I hope so, I married him!
8. What is your favourite song? Good Riddance by Green Day.
9. What did you want to be when you grew up? A Marine Mammal Trainer.
10. How many times do you get to create in a month?  I'm pretty lucky and I do something crafty each day, either crocheting or scrapping.
11. How long have you been scrapping? Since my oldest was 18 months and she turns nine in two weeks. 

Here are the 10 blogs I chose to nominate:
My 10 questions for the above ladies:
  1. What brought you to the scrap world?
  2. What is your favourite embellishment?
  3. What is your least favourite new trend?
  4. What is the last movie you watched and would you recommend it?
  5. Do you enjoy reading?
  6. What languages can you speak?
  7. What is your favourite outdoor activity?
  8. Do you enjoy gardening?
  9. Are you an animal lover?
  10. How far do you live from your childhood home?
That's all I have, I hope you will participate if nominated!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations that's so neat! Thanks for sharing your random facts! And thanks so much for nominating me, Darcy, I'm truly honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and thanks for the random facts, that was fun to read! I'm with ya on the phone book and I did the soliciting too!! Did NOT like that! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who hooo!! Great answers and loved learning a little more about you!
    Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination, Darcy! I will try to post something soon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy