Sunday, February 2, 2014

Lasting Memories #176: Spring or Winter layouts on Ground Hog day.

It's Ground Hog day! Will he see his shadow? Will spring finally be coming or are we stuck with a longer winter?

This week at Lasting Memories, in anticipation of Ground Hog's day, we are asking for either winter or spring themed layouts.

To me this is a layout that fits for both!  The picture was taken on March 30, 2013 which is technically spring but the amount of snow still on the ground indicates winter!  The girls had so much fun jumping in the puddles that the melting snow created.  I did not have so much fun doing all the laundry when they came inside!  It was worth their giggles and laughter though.  Really.



I'm linking this up with the following challenges:
I used sketch #66 from My Scraps & More Sketches.
Where Life Meets Art:  use dimensional adhesive

11 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Darcy!! The colours really pop on the black background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout! The triangle pennants almost look like icicles up there! I love the photo, too! Thanks for joining our Monday challenge at Where Life Meets Art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. love the colors against the black. Cute photo too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout Darcy. I like the dark background. Thanks for joining us at Where Life Meets Art. Stop by Monday and we will have
    a new challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that color combination! Great take on the sketch and thank you for playing along with us at My Scraps & More! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darcy, that is a very striking LO! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your paper choice looks great against the black background!! Thanks for playing with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow .. look at the puddle jumping! LOL! That would have been fun but you're right, so worth it to hear those giggles! Love your take on the challenge this week!

    Karen
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. very striking LO, i love the spring question mark, ha! I will be posting your LO on the facebook page today...

    ReplyDelete
  10. great page and love those paper mix and colors!!! So glad you played along with us at My Scraps & More!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the contrast of colors. Cool photo:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy