Sunday, January 5, 2014

Lasting Memories #172: A sketch with a twist!

Welcome to the first challenge of 2014 with Lasting Memories!

The task at hand is to use the sketch courtesy of the now closed blog - 2 Broke Girls challenges - except we have an extra little add in there for you. You need to use your favourite embellishment on your layout!

I'm not entirely sure if stitching counts as an embellishment or a technique? However, it's my "go to" thing for my projects! I crumpled up the paper strips and the background piece so much that the adhesive would not work. I have glue dots back there holding things down and it just wasn't enough. That's the second reason I have stitched the photo down.  It's certainly not going anywhere!

The photo is blurry, but I had to scrap it. My middle girl just can't stand straight for a picture. She has to pose in some way. This was taken with my hubby's old BB and the camera was not the greatest. I also did something that I have never done before and that is to use a hidden tag that tells about my middle daughter's trip with my husband in May of 2011.



I'm also linking this up with Two Scrapbook Friends and their January Crafty Challenge: Distressing!

8 comments:

  1. Nice job Darcy! Love you distressing.....and is that a little stitching I see on there????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Darcy!! Like the distressing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love the look of all the crinkled papers and the inking! Great layout!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome LO! love the distressed look and the stitching for photo corners...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute layout! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darcy, great job with the sketch an I really love the way you crinkled the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love this!
    The colours are awesome.. The distressing, LOVE! And the super cheeky adorable photo makes the photo page so special!
    Toni.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love that photo and noticed that stitching too .. really adds texture :-)

    Karen
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy