Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lasting Memories Scavenger Hunt Birthday Blog Hop!

Hi everyone!! It is PARTY time at Lasting Memories today! We're celebrating Karen's special day with a "Scavenger Hunt Birthday Hop!" It's her 40th birthday tomorrow and what better way to celebrate than to have a hop in blogland! Before we get started, you better get yourself a pen and paper because you're going to need it! There are 10 blogs in the hop and each person has chosen an element to use on her layout. Your job is to find all 10 elements, write them down and choose FIVE to include in your layout! Be sure to keep your eyes open because we have sponsors as well as DT members giving goodies away. You may have to do a little something more for the DT candy, so be sure to read every post! Sound like fun?? We think so!!! Ok, lets get to it! You should have arrived here from Charity's blog and if you're just coming by, start at Lasting Memories because you don't want to miss a thing! You'll also find the master hop list there too. For my layout today, I chose mist for my element.



 I used my cameo to cut a template with the squares and then misted over them.  I thought they still looked a little plain, so I hand stitched around each square.


 I also cut my title into the page and cut the chevrons.  Keeping up with my promise to use the machine more - that was three times on this layout alone!  

Since my element is mist, I thought it fitting to give away a 6x6 template.  I've also got a 6x6 paper pad up for grabs!  Just let me know you are a follower of my blog in the comments and I will do the random draw at the end of this hop!




And guess what! I'm also showing off one of our sponsors as well! I am promoting Floppy Lattes Digital Designs who is giving away $10.00 gift certificate to one lucky winner!


All you have to do is complete the hop, enter your layout using FIVE elements you've found a long the way and be sure to comment that you've done everything!

Thanks so much for joining us! You're next stop is Denise's blog!

22 comments:

  1. Darcy. Love the cas look with misting. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Darcy!! The misted squares with the stitching and the titlework!! Awesome page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your using the machines more. Way to go. Great misting too

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG on using your machine 3 times! I actually really love the added stitching .. gorgeous page!

    Karen
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great clean and fresh page... love the misted squares with the stitching and now I want a cameo too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic LO. Love the misting technique and clean/simple style. Now following your blog. Awesome work.
    Huggies
    Rachelle
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun MIST... This is something that I have never used before so this is exciting!
    Thanks for the challenge. I am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful layout and fabulous picture! Thanks for playing at 2 Broke Girls Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet layout..love the misting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this blog hop and the layout challenge. I'm a new follower to your blog. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the misting and the hand stitching! Nice hopping with you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clean crisp page! Love it Darcy!! Your stitching around the squares is perfect!! I am delightfully already a follower of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, now I have to stitch on a layout cause I totally LOVE this!

    xoxo Charity LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute layout! love the stitching1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute layout Darcy.. Love all the stitching and that photo is so cute. Thanks for using 2 Broke Girls sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the CAS approach. What a great idea to sew around the misting! I will have to try that. Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CnS yet SOOO effective!! This is right up my alley.. LOVING IT!
    Wouldn't mind giving it a go sometime too if you don't mind me scraplifting it.. lol..
    Thanks, Toni.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable! Thanks for joining us @2BrokeGirls.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this clean and simple layout especially the stitching. Thanks for using a 2BG's sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy