Saturday, July 20, 2013

Christmas in July!

Just because there's not snow on the ground, doesn't mean Christmas can't be celebrated a few months early! Happy Christmas in July, everyone, and welcome to Red Carpet Studio's Christmas in July blog hop!


If you're unfamiliar with Red Carpet Studio, we're a challenge blog that challenges crafters to create projects inspired by movies! Right now we offer alternating weekly card and layout challenges, but starting in September we'll be opening up our challenges to any types of projects that fit our theme, as well as extending the duration of the challenges to biweekly to give you awesome crafters more time to create and play along! We're also having a design team call!

Now onto my project...Since I am trying to use my Cameo more, I browsed the store and found these cute little 3D ornament balls.  I used the Doodlebug "North Pole" papers to create them.  I used Silver Stickles around the top, so they are shiny - just like the real balls you may hang on your own tree!  I also threaded the twine through a button so they had something to sit on when hanging up.





My favourite Christmas movie hands down has this line in it, "You'll shoot your eye out!"  Can you guess?  Shoot me an email with the answer to be entered into a draw for a Basic Grey 'Nook and Pantry' 6x6 paper pad! (my email is in the top right hand corner of my blog in "about me").  Let me know in the email that you also followed me via email or Google Friend Connect!

**Don't forget to leave a comment on my blog for a chance to win one of the main prizes!!**





And of course we have some wonderful sponsors giving away gifts to those who are a follower of Red Carpet Studio (either through Google Reader or Blog Lovin') and comment on EVERY stop of the hop!

$5 Gift Certificate

$10 Gift Certificate

5 Digis of Winner's Choice

Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on Tuesday July 23rd along with the winners of our Action Wobble challenge!

Your next stop is Chas' blog. 


Happy Hopping!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornaments! Love the papers you used to create them!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great project Darcy. Lovely ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the ornaments. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ornaments....super idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ornaments, love the idea of putting a button on the bottom, perfect! and BTW, that's my favorite Christmas movie too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice ornaments

    cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous.. Love your idea.. Thanks for sharing..

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ornaments - wonderful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the Christmas ornaments. The movie would be Christmas Story. My fav Christmas movie would be Charlie Brown Christmas.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great custom ornaments! Love the touch of silver at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your wonderful ornaments. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com
    (new email follower)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute ornament, Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw your ornaments are really cute! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your ornaments!! Thanks for sharing you did a great job.

    racincrafts at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute ornaments!! Love the paper you used :D

    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your little ornaments are darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute ornaments! Love the papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy