Tuesday, May 14, 2013

EMH challenge #2: My girls

It's time for the second reveal at Embellish Me Happy.   The challenge this month was to add any type of texture cardboard, twine, paints, inks, glitter, etc. to your project.  Then we added a little twist in honour of Mother's Day.  We decided to throw in pink and red colours and some round embellishments.  

I was at a weekend scrapbook retreat and I won the Doodlebug "Lovebirds" collection.  Well, if that's not pink and red, then nothing is!  It also came with some buttons so there was my round embellishment!  

I used an older pic of the girls and I.  I have scrapped this before but each girl has their own book so if it's a picture I like, I scrap it three times!






I used a sketch by Susan Stringfellow.

All That Stickles  is having a Cotton Candy linky party. I used it to circle 'true love' on my background paper and also to outline my heart in my scallop circle. 

7 comments:

  1. Pretty layout....lovely pp you used! Love how you placed the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colours on here Darcy!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcy, this is gorgeous!! I love the twine and what a pretty photo to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page. Love the monochromatic theme with the white printed paper background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh beautiful page and I love the paper choices

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout! And your pic is great! I, too, have three lifebooks for the kids and scrap my favorites three times. =) And your way of using Stickles is ingenious. Thanks for sharing, and joining us at All that Stickles.

    Tonya DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun picture of you and your girls! Love it! The LO is fantastic, and I love how you incorporated the Cotton Candy Stickles!! Thanks for joining us for the Cotton Candy linky party at All That Stickles! ~ Karen, ATS DT (http://karey2005.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy