Thursday, January 13, 2011

grocerygateway.com

I've been wondering about this service for awhile now, and unfortunately actually had reason to finally use it.  With my three year old being pretty sick and my spouse working down in Mexico, I decided to give them a try rather than drag her out to the store with me.  So on Sunday morning, I cranked up the laptop and surfed my way down the aisles of their virtual store.  They had everything I needed to buy and even stuff I didn't need to buy, but did anyway.
You have to pick a two hour window in which you want your groceries delivered, I chose Monday night between 6-8pm.  The driver called at 6:10 and said he'd be 10-15 minutes, and he was!  He carried in my four boxes of food and while he didn't put them away, he did stack the boxes nicely for me.
He went over the bill with me as it was my first delivery.  He took back with him the one thing I didn't want that they had substituted and within 2 hours I had an email telling me that I had a credit to my account.
If the same situations occurs again, I will not hesitate to use this service.

The nice big boxes the groceries come in!

2 comments:

  1. It has been a while, but I used to use it a lot. Glad to hear you had a good experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy