Saturday, December 11, 2010

What a week!!

This week started out super busy and ended up with 4/5 of us throwing up!  I'm so glad to see this week over!

Laura's sparks meeting was changed to Monday this week because they joined up with the brownie unit and sang some carols for the residents of the senior's centre.

Tuesday night was her Christmas concert at her school.  We were a little let down when we left.  All the other classes sang 2 or more songs, her class sang 1 minute and 17 seconds worth of video.  It was cute, but so short!
video

Wednesday morning is when the fun started.  Aubrielle woke us up crying at her normal time.  You know that smell?  That is what hit me when I walked into her room.  She'd been sick during the night but either didn't wake up, or didn't have a problem with being covered in it.  That was a first for us as parents.  I hope it never happens again.  Oceane started later in the day.  From there on out, we were just playing a waiting game for the rest of us to get it.

Thursday was my day off and I had intended to study for my exam, which I had to write on Saturday.  That did not happen, because when I arrived to drop O and Aubie off at the sitters, she was sick (although she made arrangements for her daughter to watch the girls) so I brought them back with me.

Friday morning, yippee!  It's my turn.  I was actually glad in a way, as I was terrified it would hit me Saturday and I would miss my exam.  Dan ran around like a madman in the morning to get the girls ready and out the door to the sitter's.  I helped a little, got their outfits ready and threw together some quick snacks for Laura (thankfully, it was pizza day so I didn't have to do too much).  Then blissful sleep for me.  Dan came home around 3pm and fell into bed beside me.  He didn't miss out on the fun, either.  I think I win worse mom of the day award for the evening.  I sat out with them on the couch, but I kept falling asleep.  Laura made them dinner, cheesewhiz sandwiches.  I didn't want Aubie to eat too much because she was sick again at the sitters, so she just had some cheerios and a cereal bar.

Saturday.  Aubie and O were awake by 6:30.  I had hoped for a little more sleep, but it wasn't to be.  I wrote the exam in 35 minutes.  Partly because I actually knew the stuff and partly because I was so tired, I just wanted to get out of there!  Dan went back to bed as soon as I got home.  I've canceled our plans for tonight. 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a rough week! I hope you're all feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy