Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas party

Last night we went and had dinner with Dan's work. The party was at Glen Abbey, which is a bit of a swanky place. I'm not one for dressing up, I had to borrow a dress and buy new makeup. I think the final product was one that didn't stand out! Shelby, I got a compliment on your dress. I'm wondering if I made a social blunder by not returning the compliment to the lady about her dress?

There was a quartet walking around singing to each table before dinner. Imagine my surprise and happiness when I took a closer look and saw that I knew one of the singers! During one of their breaks I went and said, "hi" and got a quick hug. Mr. Sean Mootrey still sounds great!

The food really wasn't very good. The starting salad was wilted, so I didn't even eat it. It was a turkey dinner with vegetables and it was just kind of blah. The dessert was cheesecake and if you know me, you know I was less than thrilled.

I'd say the highpoint of the evening was leaving! We decided to start/finish our Christmas shopping. I'm sure we are going to end up on "people of walmart" since we went dressed in our fancy duds.

5 comments:

  1. Well at least you looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I can't imagaine walking around Walmart in that dress!! You were, without a doubt, the fanciest people there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry it wasn't much fun! I bet you were the most stylish people in Walmart...and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did look great! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy