Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins.

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend Two Scrapbook Friend's fall retreat in Grand Bend this past weekend.  Thanks so much to my wonderful in-laws (who happen to read my blog!) for coming down and hanging out with my family.  The girls absolutely loved having you here.

While I was gone I missed the trip to the pumpkin patch to pick out this year's crop!  Dan, Dan Sr and Laura all got in on the carving action.  Laura cleaned, designed and carved her own pumpkins this year.  Dan did something he's wanted to do for awhile and carved a turnip!
They did some patterns but also free hand this year. 
Now onto retreat stuff.  I had so much fun.  I am still in shock that in 48 hours of cropping time, I only completed one layout.  However, I did get altered :)  I worked on a bunch of stuff that I have been unsure of or afraid to even attempt.  I made the tags for the swap that I am in with the gals from the Two Scrapbook Friends forum.  I'm hoping that the Christmas gifts that I made this weekend will be well received by those getting them.

My one and only layout.  It was part of a challenge or I'm thinking it wouldn't have happened either.
another challenge to use a stamped image.
this was a sketch challenge.
Create something with a halloween theme. Ok, done!
We had to create something from the goody bag.  It came with directions, this is not my idea!
Probably my favourite thing.  I won this advent calendar at the very first retreat I went to and have finally finished it!  Can't wait to fill it up for December!!!  Did I ever get a lot of people asking where I got it.  It was a hot item.  Sorry folks!!!
Please keep in mind that I am *not* a card maker!!!!  I'm also thinking I am going to bling up the advent calendar....as you know, there is never enough bling :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on all your projects Darcy! Glad you had fun. It was great having you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects Darcy! My favorite pumpkin has to be the very first one! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on Dee! Laura did that one herself. It's a 4-eyed alien (I had to ask).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Darcy